VINTAGE GRAND PRIX CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS UNDER 9th INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF ANALOG PHOTOGRAPHY LOVERS — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL
1. STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The VINTAGE GRAND PRIX CONTEST is organised by Fundacja FOTOGRAFISTKA (The FOTOGRAFISTKA Foundation), Pomorska 68a/1, 85-051 Bydgoszcz, Poland, National Court Register under KRS number 0000448871, NIP number: 9671356415, REGON: 341386107 (hereinafter referred to as Organizer).
2. The aim of the Contest is to select the most interesting projects which will be presented in the Contest Programme of the 9th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers – VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL.
3. Participation in the Contest is payable in the amount of 10 EUR.
Account number: PL73175010510000000021206277
Title: Vintage Grand Prix YOUR NAME
2. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST
- The Participants of the Contest (hereinafter referred to as Participants) may be individuals who submit their application to the Contest and who have full legal capacity.
- The Competition is open. The Organizer invites all photographers to submit their applications from around the world.
- The theme of the competition is "Observatory". In the photography contest, participants can experiment with various concepts and express their individual perspective on the theme. From the submitted entries, winners will be selected based on the most interesting interpretations of the theme in their projects.
4. Photos sent to the competition should be made in traditional techniques: film photography, film photography, polaroid, camera obscura, daguerreotype, wet collodion plate, calotype, cyanotype, and others. Only coherent photographic sets can be submitted (minimum of 7 max of 12 photographs). Single photographs will not be considered by the commission.
5. Only one project may be submitted in a single application. Only individual projects will be accepted (group exhibitions cannot be submitted).
6. The works included in the Project should be made in person, and they must not be encumbered in any way with the rights of third parties.
7. The project should be submitted via email by 15.06.2023 (by 12:00 AM CET) on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complete Project application should include:
– original project (set of 7 to maximum 12 photographs) in a digital form (JPG/TIFF format, the maximum size of all pictures in file should not exceed 10 MB), all files should be described as follows: “Last name_first name_1.jpg”;
– a completed and signed attachment (download below);
– description of the Project in English (the description should include information about the photographic technique in which the Project was made and artist’s bio, max. 1000 signs).
- Applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be taken into consideration.
3. EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND AWARDS
- Applications must be submitted by 15.06.2023 (by 12 AM CET). Applications submitted to the Organizer’s office after the deadline will not be taken into account.
- All the applications will be evaluated by the Jury appointed by the Organizer.
- From among projects submitted by the Participants, the Jury will select three finalists. The Winner of VINTAGE GRAND PRIX will be awarded PLN 3000 (gross value). Second finalist will be awarded PLN 2000 (gross value), third finalist will be awarded PLN 1000 (gross value). Terms and method of awarding the prize will be defined in separate agreements. In addition, the jury reserves the rights to award honorary mentions in the contest.
The winning projects of all three finalists will be presented in a form of an exhibition during 8th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL.
As part of the finalists’ exhibitions, the Organizer will provide among others:
- the cost of production of works included in the Project OR the two-way transport of the framed works – up to the amount agreed in the separate contract;
- assembly and dismantling of exhibitions;
- reimbursement of travel expenses up to the amount agreed in the separate contract;
- accommodation for two nights for one person during the Main Festival Weekend.
The provisions concerning the organization of the individual exhibition will be established in the agreement signed between the Organizer and the Contest Finalists after the results are announced.
The Organizer does not provide any additional remuneration associated with the organization of the exhibition.
- Upon submitting the application, the Participant declares that he/she:
- is the author of the submitted Project and holds all and unlimited copyrights to it and that the Project is free from claims from third parties;
- grants the Organizer a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, subject to cessation, unlimited territorially license for 5 years (separate contract after this time) to use the awarded Project in order to implement and promote the 8th International Festival of Analog Photography Lovers — VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL in all fields of exploitation.
The Organizer declares that the granted license will be used with respect for personal goods of the Participants.
- The Participant is responsible for all legal defects of the Project. In the event of a legitimate third-party claim against The Foundation related to the violation of copyright or personal right laws, the Author agrees to assume all the costs of possible legal proceedings, costs of legal representation, court-awarded or agreed in the settlement compensations or amends.
6. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- The administrator of personal data is the Fotografistka Foundation, registered in the National Court Register in Poland 0000448871, REGON 341386107,
- Contact information:
a) tel: 0048 790 899 992
b) e-mail: email@example.com
c) address: Pomorska 68A/1, Bydgoszcz 85-051, Poland.
- You may contact the Data Protection Inspector in the Office
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following personal data: name, surname, and image will be processed for the purposes of organizing, promoting the competition, notifying the winners of the awards, processing data in connection with the Foundation’s cultural activities, archiving and fulfilling the obligations of the data processor according to the Regulation (EE) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (GDPR).
- The Fotografistka Foundation processes the personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, which is: participation in the competition, organisation of the competition, selecting and publishing information about the winners, and archiving documents. Personal data will be stored to the extent required by law and in accordance with the requirements of national and European projects concerning the organization of Vintage Photo Festival in 2023.
- Personal data shall be processed on the basis of the consent given (Article 6. 1(a) GDPR). Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in the competition. Consent is given on the form attached to the competition rules. The statement may be made electronically and sent in an e-mail to the e-mail address of the contest organizer.
- The participant has the right of access to personal data; the right to receive a copy of the data, the right to request rectification and to have personal data completed. The participant can reques tthat we rectify and complete your data.
- The contest participant has the right to request the restriction of data processing, the right to object the data processing, and to demand its removal and transfer.
- A person who has decided to take part in the competition and to process his/her data has the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Polish Data Protection Office (Prezes Urzędu Ochrony Danych Osobowych), if it is found that the personal data are processed in violation of the provisions on personal data protection.
- The data submitted to the Fotografistka Foundation will not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
7. FINAL PROVISIONS
- Persons who do not meet the requirements specified in these terms and conditions or provide false information will automatically be excluded from participation in the Contest.
- Applications which fail to comply with the provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be considered.
- All correspondence and questions regarding the Contest should be sent by an e-mail to: email@example.com
- Contest Schedule:
- announcement: 13.04.2023,
- application deadline: 15.06.2023 (by 12:00 AM CET),
- notification of the Participants about the results: by 31.06.2023,
- presentation of awards – VINTAGE PHOTO FESTIVAL Opening Ceremony (15.09.2023).
- The Organizer reserves the right to suspend, modify or extend the Contest in the event of reasons beyond their control.
- The Organizer shall have the right to cancel the Contest and not to select the winner without giving any reason.
- Entering the Contest (submitting the Project) is understood as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Messages and information about the Contest will be published on: www.vintagephotofestival.com.